1969 graduated from Trinity College of Music, London
1969-72 taught music full-time.
1972-74 worked with John Feldberg, harpsichord makers, GB.
1975 set up a workshop at Mayfield, Sussex, and undertook harpsichord maintenance.
1976 began studies of historical wires, with the metallurgist Derek Slater.
1977 began producing harpsichords based on the Henri Hemsch in the Boston Museum of Fine Arts.
1978 made a series of Italian polygonal virginals with outer cases, based on an instrument by Joannes de Perticis.
1980 made a series of rectangular Italian spinets based on an instrument by Guarracino before undertaking repairs to the original
1981 began producing wires based on historical samples, now known as English Iron and Brass.
1982 commenced a specialization in 17th century French harpsichords with the study and reproduction of an instrument by Nicolas Dufour, 1683
1984 continued this specialisation with the addition of harpsichords based on the anonymous 1667. Also began compiling A handbook of Historical Stringing Practice.
1988 produced a first copy of the Pierre Donzelague 1711. Also began planning, with Karin Richter, the rebuilding of a derelict mediaeval guildhall in Lewes, completing the move in 1990.
1991 published, with David Law, A Handbook of Historical Stringing Practice for Keyboard Instruments.
1994 began compiling a second volume of the Handbook.
1996 began a further study project on the microstructure and mechanical characteristics of wires, with Derek Slater and the University of Brighton.Major repair and conservation projects undertaken during this period have included instruments by John Wilbrook 1730, Benjamin Slade c.1700, Trasuntinus, Guarracino 1678, Luigi Baillon 1755, Thomas Barton 1709, Hitchcock and Harris.